- Post Ref: DP4590
- Department: Children, Young People & Learning
- Division: Children's Centres
- Salary details: £23,398 - £25,951
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing date: 03 April 2017
- Interview date: 13 April 2017
Business Support and Information Team Leader, 0-5 Services
“Poole Children’s Centres welcome all families with a child under 5 in the local community. We provide support and learning opportunities as well as a welcoming, safe space for fun and play, where parents and children are able to develop and reach their full potential”
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Poole Children’s Centres for a dynamic team leader to manage our team of business support officers
You will be a creative, innovative individual who is a multi-tasker, pro-active and resourceful, with the ability to lead and develop the business support and information service provided by our Children’s Centres.
This role will require you to have proven experience in staff performance management; monitoring budgets; and business management information systems and process.
You will be used to working in a complex and constantly changing work environment; and have experience of working in a customer facing role and dealing with enquiries from the public.
The role involves preparing our team to deliver an enhanced information role as well as an efficient Business Support service.
You will be responsible for a large team of Business Support Officers based in Children’s Centres across Poole and you will need:
- excellent leadership and management skills
- fantastic communication and rapport building ability
- ability to work calmly under pressure
- ability to work in a constantly changing work environment
- innovative and creative skills during challenging periods of change
- approachable and supportive attitude
- consistently high organisational skills
- proven planning ability
- thorough health and safety knowledge
- excellent data protection knowledge.
We can offer you:
- a robust induction programme,
- training and personal development opportunities;
- help to develop an understanding of Poole Children’s Centres Services provision;
- a chance to be creative, including designing and implementing new systems;
- a great place to work with a team that want to improve the lives of young children and their families.
If you would like any further information about this role please contact Flavia Ponciano, Business Support Manager on 01202 261983.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check. Please refer to the Person Specification for more details.