- Post Ref: ML6278
- Department: Culture & Community Learning
- Division: Recreation & Community
- Salary details: £8.09 per hour
- Employment Status: Casual
- Hours: Various hours
- Contract Type: Casual
We are a lively, friendly café based at Upton Country Park and we are looking for people to help us provide an excellent experience to all our visitors.
We are recruiting for casual Food & Beverage Assistants and are looking for people who would be prepared to work various hours as required to support our business.
The Tearooms are a popular spot for those visiting the park and we have a lot of people coming in through our doors, so you will be ready and able to work under pressure in this busy environment. Ideally you will have some experience working in a catering environment, either front of house in a restaurant/café, in a commercial kitchen, or other similar setting.
Any training in Basic Food Hygiene, Food Allergens, and/or Health and Safety would be helpful so please tell us about this on your application form. We would also be interested to hear about any other skills you have, such as barista training.
As part of this role you will be required to:
- Provide a warm, welcoming till service by greeting and engaging with customers in a friendly and polite manner and taking payments when required.
- Serve teas/coffees, drinks and ice creams, and some other basic catering duties
- Waiter/waitress service
- Washing up duties
The nature of the service means that you must be available to work weekends and bank holidays as required as part of a 7 day rota.
In return we can offer you:
- Monthly pay with a generous holiday entitlement
- A great experience in a busy but supportive catering facility
For an informal discussion about this post please call 01202 261343 and speak to a member of the team.
Please feel welcome to come in and speak to us at the Tearooms if you would like to ask any questions and see where the job is based.
We advise any interested applicants to apply as soon as possible, as we reserve the right to close this vacancy once enough suitable applications are received.