- Post Ref: ML4756
- Department: Culture & Community Learning
- Division: Museums
- Salary details: £20,661 to £22,658
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Closing date: 22 October 2017
- Interview date: 30 October 2017
Commercial and Marketing Officer at Poole Museums
(Maternity cover until 31 October 2018)
We have a great opportunity for someone interested in commercial and marketing work in a heritage venue.
Poole Museums run an exciting programme of exhibitions and events and a supporting commercial programme of weddings, hires, retail and catering activity. This is a full-time, year-long temporary contract to deliver weddings, hires, retail and marketing activity of the service and will involve up to one weekend day a week in support of our weddings business. You will have some experience of commercial and marketing activity, including an understanding of retail and events, and this is a great development opportunity.
Principal responsibilities are:
- To support the Business and Marketing Manager to help maximise effectiveness and profitability across the Museums’ commercial activities.
- To operate quality retail activities, including ordering, sales, stock management and development, cash handling and banking.
- To co-ordinate and operate quality weddings and hires, from initial enquiry to delivery.
- To promote and market Museums activities and services through a range of channels.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Michael Spender on 01202 262609.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.