- Post Ref: GG6454
- Department: Housing & Community Services
- Division: Housing Needs & Resources
- Salary details: £20,661 - £22,658
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Closing date: 15 May 2017
- Interview date: 22 May 2017
Could you be a Homelessness Prevention Champion?
Six new positions now available
Bournemouth Borough Council and Borough of Poole are introducing a new 'Homelessness Prevention Trailblazer Service': an early intervention service, engaging and partnering with the considerable expertise that already exists within both organisations, building up a network of information and support across the boroughs aimed at developing innovative solutions to prevent homelessness.
We are looking for exceptional and motivated people to form a new team of six Homelessness Prevention Officers delivering the Trailblazer project across Bournemouth and Poole.
Homelessness Prevention Officers will work across a range of specialist areas, working with local people, statutory agencies, employers and local communities to provide advice and support to help to resolve problems which could lead to homelessness.
The ideal people will need to have proven communication ability and particular skills in persuasion for specific outcomes.
You will be able to manage a caseload and most of all you must be committed to and have a clear understanding of the need for early intervention in a range of household problems that have the potential to cause housing crises.
There are six positions available, and the successful applicants will become specialists in one the following areas:
- Community Champion – Specialist to promote and deliver an advice and support service to local communities and the voluntary sector who work with people who may be at risk of homelessness.
- 3 Champions for private landlords & letting agents – Specialists who will work with tenants within the private sector at risk of losing their tenancy, on behalf of Landlords, agents and other housing providers.
- Employers and Jobseekers Champion – Specialist who will promote and deliver an advice and support service to local employers, their employees and Jobcentre Plus customers who are at risk of homelessness.
- Health and Social Care Champion –Specialist who will promote and deliver an advice and support service to social care services, health visitors and GP’s and their clients who are at risk of homelessness.
If you have any experience working, or have an interest in any of the specific specialist areas, then please give us details as part of your personal statement when you apply.
These posts are offered on fixed term contracts for 20 months.
Are you as passionate about preventing homelessness as we are? Please read the job description and person specification and apply now!
For an informal discussion about these exciting roles, please contact Ben Tomlin on 01202 633414.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check. Please refer to the Person Specification for more details.